Friday, October 28, 2011

Oct. 27 2011
“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by the tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot…” 1 Peter 1:18 &19

“Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called; and whom he called, them he also justified; and whom he justified, them he also glorified.”
Romans 8:30

The Lord had been so good to me and my family and my heart is so full of gratitude and joy. The Lord God Himself has chosen me as His child and has redeemed me through the precious blood of His only Son, Jesus Christ.
There is nothing in this world that can take me from my Heavenly Father who has sealed me through His everlasting covenant. May His name be always glorified forever and ever, Amen.
Fall has arrived with all it’s vivid colors of yellow, red, brown, rust, orange and dull green contrasted against the azure blue sky. I love the Autumn. It just might be one of my favorite times of year, but I think I say that every new season. The Tennessee air feels of cool breezes and smells of wood smoke coming from our cook stove. The sun is warm in the afternoons begging me to come out and bask in it’s radiance, and I should, because dreary winter skies and freezing rain and wind are just around the corner. It is a time of harvest and thanksgiving. A time to give the gardens and fields a rest from planting and growing, a time to relax and rejuvenate for the Spring to come.
Yesterday I bought a mineral salt block and some wormer for the horses from the hardware store in town. I had noticed the day before while doing the morning feeding, that the horses had pawed a big hole in the ground and had been licking the rocks and dirt in search for some salt and minerals in the ground. While I was picking up the salt block , I thought I might as well get some Safe Guard {de-wormer} too, since it is that time of year. Spent some time at the library yesterday looking for Katahdin sheep and some Texas Longhorn calves on Craigs list and different websites. Not to much avail. I am cow crazy right now, but I think it might be a little while before we’ll be able to get some Longhorns. L But we did find some sheep for sale down the road and we’ll be going to look at them tomorrow. I think I’m going to get two more ewes that are pregnant and due in Jan. and March. And then hopefully I’ll find a ram and get Bonnie Blue {the ewe we have now} bred so she will lamb in April, Lord willing.
Today I wormed the horses and cleaned out the sheep shed and spread down new bedding. Hannah and I also shelled all the corn that we grew so we can dry it and then I’m hoping to make some hominy and grits. It was a rainy, cool day today and the fire in the cook stove felt nice. All of us girls took turns through out the day helping Mama work on the binding of her quilt. It is almost finished. Now that it is that cozy time of year, I’m hoping to get out my Confederate quilt and finish sewing the top together and then get to the fun part of actually quilting. I really enjoy quilting and look forward to learning more. Well, I should quit rambling for this evening and get to supper. Until next time… Happy Trails to you!
Cecilia
“If you desire to be more heavenly minded, think more on the things of heaven, and less of the things of earth.”
- Stonewall Jackson

1 comment:

  1. your site is so beautiful. Wish you would do more. keep it up thanks judy gardner ky

    ReplyDelete